B E C O M I N G

In which the author selfishly explores personal concepts and ideas that likely hold very little meaning to the World At Large.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Octoberfest

I sat there, in my giant purple papasan chair, soaking in the sheer joy from my new surroundings. Yes folks, after these many, many years (10), Lydia O. has a craft room again. And such a craft room! I spent the entire weekend in an activity described by my mother as “puttering” in my new space: organizing, decorating, arting and ruminating. I gave myself permission to “waste” as much time as I wanted for two days, and I am a better person for it.

October is Be Kind to Lydia month (didn’t you get the memo?). Since Lydia has quit smoking, she needs to find her comfort elsewhere and establish new, healthy habits. It is hoped that by the end of this month of revitalization and renewal that Lydia will conquer the need to refer to herself in the third person.

6 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Let me know if you're looking for hobby suggestions. Worldgineer considers himself an expert in that area.

1:09 PM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

I affirm you mightily. I am sending you something for your craftiness. It's not new. (New was out of my budget- bless my suspenders.) And I couldn't get them to gift wrap it for you. But it is most def a gift. Absolutely chock full of a million ideas which will in turn, no doubt, give you a million ideas. I met the person behind this gift, as well as the person behind the person behind this gift, when I was in London. Mo' later. Should show up in a couple of weeks. (Gifts is fun!)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Joyjoy! I loves me some presents. I'll think up something to send by return post, BJ.

World - I have so many projects going concurrently at any given time that to add another would both break my sanity and the bank. But thanks. Send art supplies.

I am retraining myself to call it my "studio", not my "craft room". It's cooler.

8:54 AM  
Blogger El Fid said...

I have a sewing room, *sigh* You deserve useless presents. I'll send you some of my finest, languishing delights. You can hack 'em up and art 'em, or you can put 'em out to languish in your STUDIO STUDIO STUDIO.

9:08 PM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

Yeah, STUDIO. (I also like "my workroom", although sometimes I say "my office" which is not as cool.) Also, I ended up ordering two of the not-new things. The first one, from Avon Hill, shouldn't ever show up b/c I cancelled the order. (I tried to anyway.) So, if you get something from Avon Hill, we're getting rid of that one. I'll figure something out.

The second one, though, that one's for you. I think. Dented and delicious.

4:29 AM  
Blogger k_sra said...

Sarah hopes you never conquer the need to refer to yourself in third people, Lyds. I'm George Bush and I approve of this Craft Room.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home