B E C O M I N G

In which the author selfishly explores personal concepts and ideas that likely hold very little meaning to the World At Large.

Monday, September 13, 2004

As Seen From the Balcony

I used the royal We
To take a standing piss
Upon the Holy See.
All bargains now unkissed,
We showed the all-isms
All the many I-isms
And just how wee their were-isms
Came to finally be:
The sacrosanct a chamber pot
The blood of Christ a drying clot
While children sang the Magnificat
In holy lands across the sea.

He fed Us at his banquet eating table
Perpetuated a stifling fable
A waving thousand-armed atrocity.
But We trimmed away the adiposity
Had a pleasant piss on the faith-built lawn
Once his banner over Us was gone.

4 Comments:

Blogger honest + popular said...

Smack my paw! I deserve it. I moved this over to the 'try slam comments so everybody would definitely see it. I'll never do it again. Promise.
(This is a kick ACE poem, grrrrl.)

6:11 PM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

Oops! That is, I don't mean to imply that they wouldn't have all seen it on your blog anyway. Oh, hell. I just meant that I was trying to help (read: meddling) because of the link problem. Yeah, that's the ticket!

6:14 PM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

If it makes you feel funny, holler at your girl. I'll delete it.

7:35 PM  
Blogger k_sra said...

That's a good 'un, Lyds.
"blood of Christ a drying clot"
tough stuff

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home