B E C O M I N G

In which the author selfishly explores personal concepts and ideas that likely hold very little meaning to the World At Large.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

This Nearly Made Me Vomit

From the Highland High School Band Alumni Page:

Date: 10 Sep 99 16:51:05 EDT
From: MICHAEL PIERCE mupi@usa.net

What a surprise--and nostalgic experience--to find you on the Web! What a greater surprise to find Mr. Fromholz's picture! (You're still there?! Do you remember the drosophila melanogaster eye-color experiment I did for Mr. Ruby's Bio I class?)

I'm currently teaching TSL 4324, ESOL Strategies for Content Area Teachers while working on the PhD here at Florida State. This is my first year. I have been an ESL adjunct instructor at Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, an ESOL teacher trainer for Hillsborough County (Tampa) Public Schools and the Florida DoE, while teaching elementary ESOL for the same district for the past eight years. Two years prior I taught junior high math in West Palm Beach. For six years before that I ran my own private academy in Muncie based on my master's thesis in alternative education: home schooling. Four years as a fourth and fifth grade teacher in Pendleton began my 20-year teaching career.

My wife, Karen, is a Pediatric RN. Our son, Kristopher, 22, lives in Tampa and works for Merchants Financial Services. Daughters, Kelle, 21, and Kara, 19, both attend the University of South Florida in Tampa. Kelle's a music major (voice) and Kara's an English/Writing major.

I'll be glad to hear from any of the HHS alumni from my era. Michael J. Pierce, MAEd,TESL,TA
Multilingual/Multicultural Education
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
209 Milton Carothers Hall
The Florida State University
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4490
---
Office: MCH 416 (Wed 10:30-12, or by appt)
Phone: 850-644-7957, 644-6960
Email: mjp0777@garnet.acns.fsu.edu, mupi@usa.net
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~rflowers/mmed.htm

[oh ew]

5 Comments:

Blogger k_sra said...

scary. *shudder* can't believe he had the gall to list Muncie.

10:26 AM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

He got a little smack on the paw for those six years working out his "theories" in Muncie. He was completely accepted in the next place he landed by people who repudiated what they were told about him by Indiana folks. No consequences have befallen him since that time, either. He believes he got away with it. And he's right.

So far...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I am VERY very very tempted to write him an email.

1:32 PM  
Blogger k_sra said...

That address is 5 years old tho...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Yes, but Google also shows 5 comments from him on Amazon - book reviews - which were done this year with that username. It's possibly still current.

I wouldn't even know where to begin, anyway. Maybe something like "Greetings, son of Satan", or "You're gonna get in truuuuble, you're gonna get in truuuuble".

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home