B E C O M I N G

In which the author selfishly explores personal concepts and ideas that likely hold very little meaning to the World At Large.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Beginning Again

It is always exciting to enter into a new phase in life. It is even more exciting, I believe, when change occurs due to one's intent and hard work, rather than chance, fate or some other mysterious force. I am on the cusp of one such change. Yes, folks, my indentured servitude will soon be over. As of January 7th, 2005, my name will be shortened from Everybody's Bitch to simply...Bitch.

It's official! I'm the new music director at a local (Methodist! Wrap your mind around that one) church, and I will be doing the job part time until my current job fizzles at the aforementioned date. I gave notice on Friday, and have felt like a million bucks ever since. I gave these jokers 2 months notice, and if that ain't enough to find my replacement (as if!) and train him/her, then that's tooooo damn bad. I think I'm being way too nice, but that's my way.

In other news, I'm going to be published poet. Remember Christmas Morning? Well I submitted it in a poetry.com contest (on a whim, in an attempt to get a free IPod) and found out yesterday it made the semi-finals and will be included in their Winter 2005 anthology. For the low, low pice of $49.95 (pre-order), I can even get a copy of the book myself. Whatcha wanna bet that's how they get their prize money? Anyway, there's a $1,000 1st prize that I wouldn't be averse to getting. The grand prize is $10,000, but I'm not that greedy

So, soon, Lydia O. will be spending a great deal of time in her new studio, and will finally get a chance to tackle that art quilt project that's been burning on her mind for about a year now. Oh, and the Arphod Cult Collage, and the silk marbling project, and the dancing gypsy painting, and...the possibilities are endless. I may have to get a part time job at Hobby Lobby just to afford my addictions.

I'm having my eldest niece and 3 nephews over on the 20th of this month to make bread-dough Christmas ornaments. We'll be painting, and the ages range from 4 to 10, so I'm going to stock up on Resolve carpet cleaner and LOTS of paper towels. And earplugs. The 4-year old has the most piercing voice I have ever heard in my life. He's cute as a cricket, but unfortunately, he sounds like one too.

Missing the guys, wish they would call or something, but I'll see John on his birthday/Thanksgiving on the 25th. Hang in there, Luke! They'll come around eventually.

4 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Congrats on the poetry thing - you certainly deserve it. I'm really glad you're out of whatever job that makes you feel like a million bucks to get out of was.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

congratz! and john and daryk are coming up for thanksgiving, johns depositing the brother at our 'rents house. i might be there, but it's starting to look doubtful. anywho, i've never, ever heard of someone giving 2 months notice, ever. that's a promise. put four fingers under chin. make flipping action away from face. as hand moves outward, lower three outside fingers, leave middle remaining....and leave.;)

9:58 PM  
Blogger honest + popular said...

Lydia, you gotta admit, this boy's got 38 pieces of flair. I can't keep up. Wonder what my resume would look like if I'd followed this career advice all the times I'd really wanted to...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

probably like mine, full of crappy jobs that kill you faster then smoking cigarettes and drinking on a regular basis. jobs that make you lose all the layers of skin on one of your hands, til just flesh remains. jobs that leave you bedridden with back pain...so, uh, don't follow any advice i give....i'm bad at that sorta thing. refer to my poetry if you think i'm mistaken;) and lydia, if you hear from john, please lemme know, i'd really like to know that those brothers of mine are doing fine, and not sitting on a street corner begging for a box of wine.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home